Managing Medical Uncertainty – what to do when you don’t know what to do.
This course is for for a multi-professional audience and is delivered by Dr Stephanie Jackson.
This session will cover:
- How we deal with uncertainty in primary care.
- Acknowledging panic and anxiety it can create and how to manage this.
- Then provides a framework to explore the uncertainty.
- Also covers dysfunctional ways out eg do X to get patient out the room / off the phone / leave to someone else…
- Then looks at some of the skills we can use to manage different types of uncertainty.
This course will be delivered by Dr Stephanie Jackson. Stephanie has worked in Cornwall as a GP for over 20 years and is currently working at Carn to Coast Health Centre. She is a Training Programme Director for Health Education England Cornwall GP Training Scheme and currently is working as a Multi Professional Education GP Fellow with Cornwall Training Hub.
Please register your interest using the icon on the right.