This course is aimed at Practice Managers, Deputies and Operational / Team leads, and supports them to understand key components of leadership and how to embed this into their everyday management style. The study involves reflecting on current styles of leadership and building on this style, to become a more confident and effective leader.
The course covers:
Module 1: Understanding self and others
- The difference between leadership and management
- Learning styles and how this affects how you lead
- Becoming a confident leader & leadership presence
Module 2: Communication
- The role of communication, listening and questioning
- The role of coaching in leadership and management
- How to engage your teams using 1-2-1’s and team meetings
Module 3: Vision, motivation high performing teams
- Theories of motivation and how to use them
- Leading teams to create high performance
- Delegating effectively: why it’s important and how to do it
- Giving feedback and difficult conversations
- Action planning
Delivery will be via online recorded videos, accompanied by a workbook, enabling some self-reflection ahead of an online live virtual seminar which would allow discussion and interaction around each topic. At the virtual seminar, participants can share their issues and can come up with solutions. Common issues normally covered include managing performance, managing the transition from colleague to manager and how to maintain motivation during change.
This course is currently in development. You can register your interest by clicking on the ‘register interest’ button.
Should you have any feedback on the content of this course, or have any specific areas you would like to see covered, please let us know by emailing email@example.com and we will do our best to tailor some of the content.