In order to ensure that we have representation from every PCN this is an expression of interest form rather than a confirmed booking form. Having received expressions of interest, we will be in touch to allocate places.
Please discuss within your PCN who would like to attend and then complete the expression of interest form at the bottom of this page.
Please find course details below.
This course is for any practitioner working with people with persistent pain.
Do you try to help patients with long term pain but struggle to know how to best support them with this complex condition? There is a drive to reduce the amount medications we prescribe but what are the alternatives?
The Live Well with Pain Team will deliver Ten Footsteps training in self-management for chronic pain as an online course co-delivered by a range of clinicians and patients with lived experience of pain.
The audience can be a varied range from both specialist and primary/community health services, so includes social prescribers, health coaches, care coordinators, nurses, physiotherapists (especially if prescribe), GP’s and any other relevant group that work with people with persistent pain.
The programme consists of 10 hours training over 8 -12 weeks in three sessions, as follows:
- 2 x four hour sessions focused on 10 Footsteps programme of self-management
- 1 x two and 1/2 hour follow up session that will focus on the use of the Live Well with Pain Assessment tool use to enable patients to share their needs and issues due to the impact of pain on their health and wellbeing www.livewellwithpain.co.uk
- In January 2023 we will hold an afternoon and evening event brainstorming how we are going to use our new skills to improve patients’ lives with awards for the best ideas. Location – Trelissick House.
Dates for these sessions are provided below:
- Tuesday 20th September – 9.30-13.30
- Tuesday 18th October – 9.30-13.30
- Tuesday 8th November – 9.30-12.00
- End of course awards and gala dinner – January 2023
This training is provided by the Chronic Pain in Cornwall programme which covers the whole county hence we need 2-3 applicants from every one of Cornwall’s PCNs.
Please express your interest by submitting the form below: