General Practices have never been busier. This financial year, they have also provided more appointments nationally for patients than in the equivalent period before the pandemic. (NHSE 2021).
Patient demand is rising everywhere and amongst patient groups from all backgrounds. The complexity of our work is rising too, with outsourcing from secondary care to general practice and increasingly diverse practice populations to serve. GP numbers are NOT rising. What is to be done?
Patient Experience of health care is now a high policy priority and staff need to develop the skills to help improve that.
Practices will get the most out of the training if most of the receptionists attend, plus the Practice Manager and where possible a GP.
All of our facilitators are clinicians with a background in Primary care.
A 3 hour workshop/seminar that ..
- Explores the background to patient demand, with findings from relevant surveys and consideration of the future trends.
- Allows you to compare your own experience with that of other practices.
- Methodically explores the main issues that practices have in responding to demand, with presentations, facilitated discussions and targeted exercises.
- Uses a skills framework for improving telephone conversations with patients.
- Moves quickly.
- Focuses on practical solutions – small and large.
If you would like to arrange this session specifically to be delivered within your PCN, please contact [email protected] FAO: Tina / Liz