Receptionists in GP practices are now expected to do more than just book appointments with doctors. Using a directory of services, they can often ‘signpost’ to the most appropriate professional or service within the practice or locally.
The Training Hub can work with you to provide Active Signposting training to a group of receptionists within a PCN. It is also recommended that the Practice Manager and a GP attends.
The session is likely to cover:
- Evidence from research
- Reflections on their previous experiences
- Managing patient expectations
- Identifying the needs of the patient
- Creating a directory of services
- Selecting the appropriate clinician/service and signposting effectively
- Improving communication skills
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Planning for implementing this approach
If you would like to arrange this within your PCN, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org FAO: Tina / Liz S