The role will be based across our 2 practice teams and will offer the successful candidates the opportunity to join our Multi-disciplinary clinical team supporting the GPs and management team.
- Working in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct, the post-holder will lead and develop the practice of the practice nursing team in the provision of assessment, treatment, screening, health education services and advice to patients.
- Develop (and ensure that the nursing team work with reference to) practice-agreed protocols and guidelines to provide nursing treatments to patients both independently and in participation with nurse colleagues and general practitioners.
- The post-holder will have the required level of training and competence and will work within patient group directions where these are available. A nurse with prescribing qualifications will use them appropriately.
- Provide leadership to the practice nurse team, in collaboration with the general practitioners, and develop an effective, quality driven practice nurse service.
- Support integrated nursing practice within wider nursing team (practice nurses, district nurses and health visitors) underpinned by the development of evidence-based practice guidelines, for shared delivery of care to the whole practice population. Further, to ensure clinical effectiveness by monitoring of key quality markers relating to guidelines.
This is an exciting opportunity to join innovative and dynamic practice teams, managing a group of 16 nursing staff, supporting the delivery of Chronic Disease patient care pathways alongside general Primary Care Nursing workload.