This role will be to join our well established GP Practice teams as we merge to create Bosvena Health. You will join a team of partners and salaried GP and work as part of a multi-disciplinary workforce which includes: Pharmacy team, First Contact Physio, Mental Health Practitioners, ANPs, ECP, Paramedics, Physicians Associates and a full compliment of Nursing and Administrative staff.
Main duties of the job:
The post-holder will manage a caseload and deal with a wide range of health needs in a primary care setting, ensuring the highest standards of care for all registered and temporary patients.
• The post-holder will make themselves available to undertake a variety of duties, including surgery consultations, telephone consultations and queries, visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, paperwork and correspondence in a timely fashion
• Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation
• Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems
• Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness
• Developing care plans for health in consultation with patients and in line with current practice disease management protocols • Providing counselling and health education
• Admitting or discharging patients to and from the caseload and referring to other care providers as appropriate • Recording clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards
• Prescribing in accordance with the practice prescribing formulary (or generically) whenever this is clinically appropriate • In general, the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care.