CPD Funding & Access to University Courses
University Modules 2020/21
Historically, Cornwall received Health Education England (HEE)”funded places” on University modules and courses.
Places are no longer being commissioned centrally in this way. This presents some considerations for individuals wishing to undertake University courses, and their employing practices;
- Individuals or employing practices will need to fund these courses- there may be funding streams we can direct you to that might provide a contribution towards this cost.
- It will be possible for modules/courses to be purchased from any provider, not only those in the South West.
- Demand may increase for places on certain courses (e.g. Non Medical Prescribing).
Cornwall Primary Care Training Hub continues to work closely with the Universities and Health Education England to support staff in General Practice to access places on the courses they require, and we are asking practice managers or training leads in practices to complete the below form for all non medical registered staff, which will help us understand the development needed for your workforce. We will be able to use this information in our discussions with Universities about places required.
You can find information below about courses and professional development available to teams in General Practice in Cornwall below, which you may wish to look at before completing the form.
- Courses and study days Cornwall Primary Care Training Hub provide through the Primary Care Education Programme.
- Links to Professional Development modules offered by Plymouth University (and referenced in the below form)
- University course information and contacts for Advanced Clinical Practice courses in the south west.
CPD Funding for Registered Nurses & AHPs in General Practice
Health Education England have provided a budget for CPD, which is available to be accessed by registered Nurses and AHPs working in General Practice. The funding is allocated at £1000 per eligible professional over 3 years, and you can find more information on eligibility and process for accessing this funding below. This funding may provide a contribution towards University courses.
We are holding regular information sessions about this funding so if practices or individuals wish to understand how this funding can be used please contact us at email@example.com and we can let you know when the next session is.