The overall aim of the session is to educate, train and assess registered nurses in verifying death, by underpinning it with a base knowledge of the law (national and local policies) The sessions are delivered via teams and you will receive a link a few days prior to the session.
What will I learn?
- Recognise that the death of the patient should be dealt with in a timely, sensitive and caring manner respecting the dignity of the patient, relatives and carers, by illustrating this through discussion.
- Demonstrate that the death of a patient is dealt in accordance with the law, national & local policy, by being able to refer to the said policies and documents.
- Perform practically the clinical process for verifying an expected death.
- Illustrate through discussion, the appropriate use of the registered nurse skills and competencies.
- Highlight, through scenarios, that the reduction of delays can avoid difficulties.
- Demonstrate by attitude and aptitude that death can be dignified, and that care after death supports the bereaved through understanding of available literature and research.