This training is provided by CFT via MS Teams.
Aim of the session:
The overall aim of the session is to educate, train and assess registered health professionals in verifying death, by underpinning it with a base knowledge of the law (national and local policies). The sessions are delivered via teams and you will receive a link a few days prior to the session.
What will I learn?
- Recognise that the death of the patient should be dealt with in a timely, sensitive and caring manner respecting the dignity of the patient, relatives and carers, by illustrating this through discussion.
- Demonstrate that the death of a patient is dealt in accordance with the law, national & local policy, by being able to refer to the said policies and documents.
- Perform practically the clinical process for verifying an expected death.
- Illustrate through discussion, the appropriate use of the registered nurse skills and competencies.
- Highlight, through scenarios, that the reduction of delays can avoid difficulties.
- Demonstrate by attitude and aptitude that death can be dignified, and that care after death supports the bereaved through understanding of available literature and research.
Please email the CFT Education and Training Team to book – [email protected]