- Part 1 – 12th October 9.30-11.00
- Part 2 – 19th October 9.30-11.00
This update is delivered via 2 x 1.5 hour virtual sessions hosted on MS Teams. You must attend both sessions.
This course is designed for those who have completed travel immunisations in the past and who require an update. In many cases, attendees may not have administered travel vaccinations for a while and require a refresher on the basics of travel medicine as well as an update on current travel health topics.
Part 1 – Recap on the Basics of Travel Medicine
- Basics of risk assessments
- Vaccine preventable and non-vaccine preventable common diseases and topics
- The importance of health education especially related to food and water precautions and bite awareness
- Touching on navigating of NaTHNaC and the impact of Covid on travellers.
- Introducing Covid and travel
Part 2 – Update on Current Travel Health Topics
This session will expand on some of the Covid-related issues as well as covering:
- New recommendations with regards to yellow fever – discussion of this disease and it’s requirements.
- Polio – recent changes in its certificate requirements in certain countries and vaccine derived cases. This disease will be discussed and food and water precautions
- The increase in 2020 of both Dengue and West Nile fever in Europe. Both these diseases will be discussed and bite prevention
The content of both sessions will be amended if there are any major changes in travel world health.
Cost of Course
This course is provided free of charge to members of the Primary Care Education Programme. For non-members, a charge of £50 applies.
This course is for staff working within the Cornwall healthcare economy. If you work outside Cornwall and are interested in this course, please email email@example.com
Bookings are no longer available for this event.