This 6-week, 8 hour CPD e-learning module is suitable for healthcare professionals who are looking to enhance their knowledge and skills in COPD utilising the most up to date evidence-based guidance. The module is delivered through a combination of interactive e-learning hosted in Google Classroom, case studies and live webinar sessions hosted via MS Teams.
To be able to:
- Apply the latest COPD guidance
- Understand the diagnostic criteria for a diagnosis
- Identify the goals of COPD management
- Understand the treatment options and tailor them to the patient
- Optimise the non-pharmacological management options
- Recognise patients at risk of exacerbation and hospital admission and how to address this, knowing when to refer
- Provide a good quality review with supported self-management
The whole module consisting of 3 units takes 6 weeks to complete (2 weeks per unit). Please view the Course Overview Flyer for more information about each module.
Following completion of all of the elements, you will receive a certificate for 8 hours CPD.
Start date:12th January 2022. This is the date from which you can access the e-learning hosted in Google Classroom. There are no live webinars this day.
Live Webinars: You must attend all of the webinars.
- Unit 1 webinar: 26th January 2022, 9.30-10.45
- Unit 2 webinar: 9th February 2022, 9.30-10.45
- Unit 3 webinar: 23rd February 2022. 9.30-10.45
These webinars will be hosted via Google Meet. The link will be sent out in advance of the meeting by either Cornwall Training Hub or LR Respiratory. Your contact details will be shared with LR Respiratory.
Boehringer Ingelheim, Chiesi UK Ltd and Teva UK Limited are supporting the logistics of this educational package but did not initiate these meetings and have had no input into the content, programme or organisation of these educational meetings. At the start of each webinar, one company will have a 10 minute slot to give a short presentation.
This course is for staff working within the Cornwall healthcare economy. If you work outside Cornwall and are interested in this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org