Working with local trainers, The Cornwall Training Hub is excited to bring you this nationally recognised course.
Now delivered virtually, Sexual and Reproductive Health Essentials for Practice Nurses is a one-day, interactive course for nurses working in primary care and other community settings. If you would like to build your knowledge and skills in sexual and reproductive healthcare, this course is for you.
At the end of the day you will be able to:
- Perform a pregnancy risk assessment
- Introduce contraception and sexual health into consultations, even when your patient isn’t expecting it
- Appraise risks, side effects and benefits of contraceptive methods
- Demonstrate how to reissue the COC, POP, injection
- Perform a sexual health risk assessment and decide which STI tests to offer your patients
- Discuss all methods of Emergency Contraception and can offer/refer for the appropriate method
The course is designed by the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive health and can only be run by registered facilitators. Once you have completed the course, the course organisers will apply for a certificate from the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health which is a nationally recognised qualification.
Course materials and resources will be posted to delegates 2 weeks before the course start date. Upon booking, your email and postal address will be passed onto the trainer.
The training day is being delivered virtually using Zoom. Cornwall Training Hub take no responsibility for any potential interruptions to the Zoom delivery.
This course is provided to primary care staff in Cornwall.
This course is funded if your Practice subscribes to the Primary Care Education Programme.
The cost of the course for NON Education Programme Members is £132.50.
Places cancelled less than 2 weeks’ prior to the course start or failure to take up the place on the day of the course, will incur a charge to the practice of £100. This applies to both members and non-members of the Primary Care Education Programme.