RESTORE2TM is a physical deterioration and escalation tool for care and nursing homes.
It is designed to support homes and health professionals to:
- Recognise when a resident may be deteriorating or at risk of physical deterioration
- Act appropriately according to the resident’s care plan to protect and manage the resident
- Obtain a complete set of physical observations to inform escalation and conversations with health professionals
- Speak with the most appropriate health professional in a timely way to get the right support
- Provide a concise escalation history to health professionals to support their professional decision making.
It encompasses soft signs, with a full set of observations and NEWS2 score, and then SBARD to hand over. Its ethos is about using a ‘shared language’ across the health system to improve outcomes for residents who are unwell.
- Providers must have at least 2 attendees so they can work in pairs when doing the practical element of the workshop
- Ideally they should have some experience of taking observations OR be able to work in a pair with someone who is very competent at taking observations ie a Registered Nurse.
Upon booking your name and email address will be shared with Louisa Forbes (Enhanced Health for Care Homes Nurse Manager), NHS Kernow CCG who is organising the workshops and The REACH Project, Truro and Penwith College, who are hosting and facilitating the sessions.
Booking instructions for those not in General Practice – please complete the booking form below – you should respond ‘no’ when asked to confirm if you are signed up to the Primary Care Education Programme and then use the code ‘RESTORE2’ when asked for your Practice code.
This course is provided free of charge.