The Covid-19 Pandemic has meant new ways of working, a reduction in face to face contact with patients and an increase in remote reviews. The aim of this webinar is to support healthcare professionals reviewing respiratory patients remotely by providing some practical tips and advice on carrying out asthma and COPD reviews over the telephone or by video.
- An overview of remote consultations
- Pro’s and cons of telephone and video consultations
- The use of software such as AccuRx
- Sending documents
- Video calling
- Working efficiently using data to risk stratify patients and prioritise care
- The remote annual review:
- Assessing symptoms remotely: useful tools
- Smoking cessation
- Assessing inhaler technique and adherence
- Managing anxiety related breathlessness: breathing techniques
- Keeping active: remote resources
- Rescue packs and management plans for exacerbation
- Supported self-management
- Navigating and signposting to useful online patient resources
The webinar will be hosted via Google Meet / Classroom. The link will be sent out in advance of the meeting by either Cornwall Training Hub or LR Respiratory. Your contact details will be shared with LR Respiratory.
Throughout the webinar you will be expected to contribute to discussion and will be able to contribute and ask questions using the ‘chat feature’.
This meeting will be supported by TEVA UK Limited who will deliver a 10-minute presentation at the start of the webinar. TEVA UK Limited did not initiate this meeting and have had no input into the content or organisation of this educational meeting.
This course is for staff working within the Cornwall healthcare economy. If you work outside Cornwall and are interested in this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org