This training is provided by the CFT Tissue Viability Team.
What will I learn?
- Factors that pre-dispose patients to develop pressure ulcers.
- The importance and limitations of risk assessment including SKIN bundle assessment.
- The holistic management of patients with, or at risk from, pressure damage.
- Obtaining resources to support practice.
- How specific pressure relieving equipment functions.
- The importance of documentation to support practice.
- Ethical and legal implications of pressure ulceration.
Please log onto E-Leaning for Health, https://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/ and search for Wound Care Education for the Health and Care Workforce. Select Tier 1 Essentials from the list, and you must then complete the following pre-requisites:
- Essentials of Pressure Ulcer Prevention (e-Learning)
- Essentials of Digital Wound Imaging (e-Learning)
You must complete and return a copy of the workbook for compliance.
Please email the CFT Education and Training Team to book – [email protected]