MERIT™ (Meeting Educational Requirements Improving Treatment) is a two-part flexible education programme developed by Novo Nordisk. MERIT™ is a competency-based programme and is for all healthcare professionals involved in diabetes care. The programme combines the theory required to support diabetes management followed by the provision of tailored clinical support from specialist diabetes teams.
This module provides an overview of diabetes therapy prior to insulin treatment and is suitable for all healthcare professionals involved in the management of diabetes who require updating with the latest guidelines and therapies.
This training is delivered in two parts via MS Teams. You must attend both sessions as outlined below:
- Part 1 – 10th November 2pm-4pm
- Part 2 – 24th November 2pm -4pm
The speakers for this training are:
- Kirsty Osborne, Diabetes Education Nurse Facilitator, Novo Nordisk Ltd
- Dr Eddy Candy, Senior Regional Medical Advisor, Novo Nordisk Ltd
- Emma Broome, Diabetes Specialist Nurse
Please click on the links on the right to access the course overview as well as an agenda for each session.