Audience: This webinar is aimed at healthcare professionals that are that are already managing asthma patients in practice and would like an update in paediatric asthma.
This webinar will cover:
- A refresher: overview of paediatric asthma/epidemiology
- The latest guidance on diagnosing asthma in children:
- What makes it more likely?
- What about the under 5’s?
- Wheeze in early childhood:
- Episodic viral wheeze
- Multiple trigger wheeze
- The latest guidance on treating asthma in children
- The pharmacological and non-pharmacological management of asthma and rhinitis
- Overview of guidelines (BTS/SIGN guidance) and the differences
- Choosing an inhaler device and inhaler technique (practical session)
- Recognising and managing acute exacerbations.
- Action Plans and supported self-management
The webinar will be hosted via Google Meet / Classroom. The link will be sent out in advance of the meeting by either Cornwall Training Hub or LR Respiratory. Your contact details will be shared with LR Respiratory.
Throughout the webinar you will be expected to contribute to discussion and will be able to contribute and ask questions using the ‘chat feature’.
This meeting will be supported by a pharmaceutical company (details to be confirmed). The pharmaceutical company will deliver a 10-minute presentation at the start of the webinar. The pharmaceutical company did not initiate these meetings and have had no input into the content or organisation of this educational meeting.