The need for ongoing and regular CPD and update for Non-Medical Prescribers is critical. Within General Practice, we often work in relative isolation and this creates anxiety and uncertainty when making prescribing decisions.
In a new initiative, we are planning quarterly meetings to meet this need and create a supportive community of prescribers, addressing your needs and governance issues ensuring your CPD is relevant and targeted.
This session will be delivered via Zoom on the 22nd September 2021, 9.00-12.30.
- Meet and greet, orientate to ZOOM as a teaching platform
- Group discussion and “chat”, your views on what you wish for in these events.
- Governance issues & RPS Framework refresher
- Stand up, drink tea or coffee, socialise in small “breakout rooms”
- Case Analysis: tutors will bring a case for group discussion
- Hot Topic: what’s new in prescribing?
This is a suggested structure for the day however this is your session, so we have included time to discuss your needs. The timing, format and content of future sessions will also be guided by participants. Please bring cases or issues to the session or email us with specific learning needs in advance.
We use a range of techniques on the Zoom platform to ensure the days are informative and relevant using real results, student discussion groups and mini-lectures.
The session will be taught by:
Colin Roberts: GP and Associate Professor Advanced Practice, Plymouth University
Sharon Evans: Strategic Lead Nurse for General Practice Nursing NHS Kernow
This course is funded if your Practice subscribes to the Primary Care Education Programme. The cost of the course for NON-Education Programme Members is £50.