This in-person training is aimed at primary care staff delivering NHS Health Checks. It is suitable for staff new to the programme as well as those looking for a refresher course. The training is delivered by Aisling Algeo, Public Health practitioner, and lasts 2.5 hours. At the end of the training, you should:
- have an understanding of the NHS Health Check programme and its role in CVD prevention
- understand the different components of an NHS Health Check
- know how to complete the various risk assessments and interpret the results
- understand how to communicate and discuss results with your patients
- understand when you need to take further action, e.g. highlight results to a GP for further action and/or give lifestyle advice
Some practices have blood analysers on loan from the Council, to support point-of-care (PoC) testing. If you have one of these and would like to receive training, please flag this and we will endeavour to add on the one-hour training on PoC to your session.
The training assumes you will already be competent to take a blood pressure, check for atrial fibrillation, and measure height and weight. If you also need this training, please let us know.
To book a place on a course, please email [email protected]