This 2 hour session, delivered via MS Teams, is aimed at GPs and other primary care clinicians who manage patients with osteoarthritis (OA).
Primarily, the training will focus on improving diagnosis and management of hip and knee OA in primary care and will aim to improve alignment to NICE guidelines for diagnosis and management. The training will be aimed at improving knowledge of OA and developing greater confidence.
- Understanding NICE guidance
- How to diagnose OA without imaging and supporting evidence surrounding imaging.
- Improving understanding of the pathology of OA and the natural course of OA.
- How to explain OA to patients including useful resources
- Conservative management in primary care.
This session will also cover the management strategies when patients are referred to secondary care with an aim to support the referral process and will explore:
- The role imaging has in triage process and surgical decision making
- Surgical fitness and pre-optimisation for surgery
- What management options may be considered
This course is funded if your Practice subscribes to the Primary Care Education Programme.
The cost of the course for NON Education Programme Members is £60 (including VAT).
This course is for staff working within the Cornwall healthcare economy. We reserve the right to cancel any ineligible bookings. If you work outside Cornwall and are interested in this course, please email [email protected]
We are experiencing intermittent problems with course bookings. If you are having problems booking, please email [email protected] with the text below and a screen shot of any errors.
This information will be used to help us to resolve this technical issue. Please also copy your email to [email protected] so we can take your booking manually.