Workplace mentoring is a key component of staff development. To ensure that mentoring is as effective as possible it is important that all mentors are suitability skilled to support and develop their colleagues.
This half-day workshop will provide an opportunity for attendees to evaluate their mentoring roles, reflecting on theory and practice to optimise the success of their work place mentoring programmes.
- Develop understanding of what mentoring is, as distinct from training and coaching.
- Develop understanding of the scope & limits of the mentoring role.
- Personal reflection on own experiences as a mentor and mentee
- Stages of development and reflection on each how mentoring can support a learning journey
- Adding value as a mentor and tracking progress (including recording processes).
- Identify different mentoring styles
- Pre-empting potential barriers to successful mentoring and ways to overcome them.