Building on the Autumn/Winter programme of People Management Masterclasses, this course is designed to help you develop the practical skills required to put the theory and knowledge into effect. This is a one day highly interactive and practical course to help you feel more confident in carrying out conversations with staff in a variety of management situations, such as performance conversations, wellbeing conversations, discussions around individual development and one to one individual meetings with staff. Through experiential learning you will explore effective management communication and develop strategies and approaches to help you develop your core management skills. This course is delivered by Jo Redgrave from Sevenstone HR, an independent HR Professional and Executive Coach.
This course is aimed at anyone with People Management Responsibility, including Admin Team managers, Practice Managers, Operational managers, Nurse Leads and GP Partners. Whilst attendance at one of the People Masterclasses is desirable, it is not essential. If you would like to book on one of the People Management sessions running as part of the ongoing education programme, please visit our courses webpage to view and book your place.
The course will cover:
- Understanding the impact of different communication styles on ourselves and others and identifying the variety of management-based situations where effective communication is essential.
- Identifying the importance of building rapport and developing trust with colleagues for effective two-way communications.
- Developing and practicing listening skills – and recognising the value of listening well to others.
- Understanding different questioning styles – what to use when, and how effective questions can aid the two-way internal discussions.
- Giving and Receiving Feedback – exploring and practicing some different ways to provide feedback to others, as well as the factors that can influence how we receive feedback from others.
This course is provided free of charge to staff employed within primary care in Cornwall, with funding sourced alternatively to the Education Programme subscription.
This course is for staff working within the Cornwall healthcare economy. If you work outside Cornwall and are interested in this course, please email [email protected]
We are experiencing intermittent problems with course bookings. If you are having problems booking, please email [email protected] with the text below and a screen shot of any errors.
This information will be used to help us to resolve this technical issue. Please also copy your email to [email protected] so we can take your booking manually.