Age UK Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, together with Macmillan Cancer Support, offer you a free 2.5 hour online workshop.
This training is for Social Prescribers and Volunteer Workers linked to GP Practices. This is a non-clinical session that will increase your knowledge, skills and confidence to have good conversations and improve your support for anyone affected by cancer.
- Overview of prevalence of cancer in Cornwall and underlying causes.
- What is cancer and how to lower the risk, including risk of reoccurrences.
- Common signs and symptoms.
- Typical cancer journey with treatments and terminology clearly explained.
- Physical impact of treatment and long term effects.
- Emotional and financial impact of cancer on the person and their family.
- Using your role to offer appropriate support: listening with empathy and responding with sensitivity; signposting to local and national support.
Certificate and mini-directory of support organisations.
To book please email [email protected]