This course is designed for people in a Team Lead or Management role who want to learn how to support themselves and their teams, better. It is recognised that Practice Management is a demanding and varied role, and that at times, it can be overwhelming, and so this course is designed to provide you with skills which will make you, and your teams, more effective.
The aims of this course are to:
- Support you in understanding your current leadership style; and reflect on your current practice to find new ways to deal with practice staff management issues, team performance and develop you as a more confident leader.
- Allow you to support your teams better; helping you to delegate, and empower staff to take action
The course covers:
- The difference between leadership and management
- The role of communication, listening and questioning
- Leadership styles
- Leading teams to create high performance
- Giving feedback
- Influencing skills
- Action planning
This course is supported with pre-work material, workbooks and action plans to support delegates during and after their learning experience. This will encourage ongoing learning and development.
- You must complete the pre-course material and bring current work issues and challenges to the training day. The pre-course material will take approximately 2 hours and will be cascaded to you two weeks in advance of the training session.
- You must be ready to participate in the training by reflecting on current practice and engaging in the team work.
This course will be undertaken via Microsoft Teams or Zoom, with details confirmed prior to training.
This course is funded if your Practice subscribes to the Primary Care Education Programme.
The cost of the course for NON Education Programme Members is £100.
Bookings are no longer available for this event.