Introduction to Workplace Coaching
This is a 3 hour virtual workshop, focusing on coaching skills in the workplace. This will be a non-clinical approach and designed to give confidence to staff in relation to developing and improving communication skills.
As a result of attending this training, you will be able to:
- Define the benefits of using coaching skills to support others, and when undertaking sensitive / challenging conversations.
- Explore the differences between various interventions, (e.g. coaching, mentoring, counselling) in order to recognise and maintain appropriate boundaries in the workplace..
- Identify the qualities and skills needed to communicate effectively using a coaching style
- Identify personal strengths and barriers to using coaching skills effectively in the workplace.
- Explore models of coaching (e.g. GROW) that can act as a framework for formal or informal coaching.
Delegates will need to complete a short workbook before the virtual session. The workbook will introduce the topics for discussion and give delegates an opportunity to consider and reflect on the subject matter before attendance at the session.
This course will be delivered via Zoom.
This course is provided free of charge to staff employed within primary care in Cornwall, with funding sourced alternatively to the Education Programme subscription. We reserve the right to cancel ineligible bookings. This course is for staff working within the Cornwall healthcare economy. If you work outside Cornwall and are interested in this course, please email [email protected]
We are experiencing intermittent problems with course bookings. If you are having problems booking, please email [email protected] with the text below and a screen shot of any errors.
This information will be used to help us to resolve this technical issue. Please also copy your email to [email protected] so we can take your booking manually.