This training will be taking place on Thursday 18th November, 1.00-4.30, delivered virtually by Thornfields.
By the end of this half-day workshop, delegates will have a clear understanding of the revenue streams available to their Practices, as well as a practical introduction to a number of tools, techniques and approaches which will enable them to control costs and optimise Practice profitability.
The workshop provides grounding in the basics of managing a Practice’s finances. Delegates will gain confidence in how to control cost of the day-to-day operation, whilst at the same time, developing an awareness of planning and forecasting skills so as to successfully deal with any financial challenges ahead.
Topics that will be covered include;
- Understanding The Basics
- What being an independent contractor means financially
- The basics of small business finance
- Understand your contractual arrangements
- Optimising Other Potential Revenue Streams
- Quality Outcome Framework
- Enhanced Services
- Local incentive schemes
- Accessing grants, subsidies, sponsorship.
- Checking your statement and managing your claims
- Controlling Your Costs – Variable vs. Fixed
- Action Planning
This course is funded if your Practice subscribes to the Primary Care Education Programme. The cost of the course for NON-Education Programme Members is £50.
This course is for staff working within the Cornwall healthcare economy. If you work outside Cornwall and are interested in this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org