This study day is designed for registered health care professionals who are new to ear irrigation and instrumentation as part of their job role.
At the end of the study day the learners should:
- Have a theoretical knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the ear.
- Be able to recognise various conditions that can affect the ear and know how to treat them and advise on prevention
- Be able to carry out holistic assessments and plan an appropriate plan of care for patients.
- Demonstrate correct use of equipment, including decontamination
- Demonstrate correct and safe technique when carrying out:
- Otoscopy – within the group
- Instrumentation/ irrigation – on an educational model
This course is funded if your Practice subscribes to the Primary Care Education Programme.
The cost of the course for NON Education Programme Members is £100.
This course is for staff working within the Cornwall healthcare economy. If you work outside Cornwall and are interested in this course, please email email@example.com