This session provides an annual infection prevention and control update to support Cornwall primary care providers in complying with CQC requirements
This session will be delivered virtually via MS Teams. The first 60 minutes of the session will provide a non-clinical update, with the following 30 minutes for clinical staff only.
- Describe infection prevention and control statutory requirements
- Identify the impact of healthcare associated infections
- Apply the chain of infection, standard precautions, and the hierarchy of controls
- Outline recent updates on local and national IPC guidance, resources, and products
- Appraise best practice in primary care for prevention and management of cases of clostridium difficile
- Appraise best practice in primary care for prevention and management of antimicrobial resistance
- Appraise best practice in primary care for prevention and management of urinary tract infections
- Evaluate aseptic non-touch technique (ANTT) practice
- Evaluate healthcare associated infection case studies
Following the session, participants will be provided with certificates of attendance and a copy of the PowerPoint slides.
This course is for staff working within the Cornwall healthcare economy. We reserve the right to cancel any ineligible bookings. If you work outside Cornwall and are interested in this course, please email [email protected]
If you need to cancel a booked place on a course, please do so giving sufficient notice for the place to be reallocated. As per our terms and conditions, we reserve the right to charge for places cancelled less than 5 working days prior to the course start (unless otherwise stated), or failure to take up the place on the day of the course. This applies to both members and non-members of the Primary Care Education Programme.