This session provides an annual infection prevention and control update to support Cornwall primary care providers in complying with CQC requirements
This session will be delivered virtually via MS Teams. The first 30 minutes of the session will provide a non-clinical update, with the following half an hour for clinical staff only.
- Describe infection prevention and control statutory requirements
- Identify the impact of healthcare associated infections
- Apply the chain of infection, standard precautions, and the hierarchy of controls
- Outline recent updates on local and national IPC guidance, resources, and products
- Appraise best practice in primary care for prevention and management of cases of clostridium difficile
- Appraise best practice in primary care for prevention and management of antimicrobial resistance
- Appraise best practice in primary care for prevention and management of urinary tract infections
- Evaluate aseptic non-touch technique (ANTT) practice
- Evaluate healthcare associated infection case studies
Following the session, participants will be provided with certificates of attendance and a copy of the PowerPoint slides.
This course is for staff working within the Cornwall healthcare economy. We reserve the right to cancel any ineligible bookings. If you work outside Cornwall and are interested in this course, please email [email protected]
We are experiencing intermittent problems with course bookings. If you are having problems booking, please email [email protected] with the text below and a screen shot of any errors.
This information will be used to help us to resolve this technical issue. Please also copy your email to [email protected] so we can take your booking manually.