Delivered by the PMA, this training is delivered via 3 virtual webinars.
You must attend all 3 webinars.
Dates: 11th October 2022
- Session 1: 9.00am – 11.00am
- Session 2: 11.30am – 1.30pm
Dates: 18th October 2022
- Session 3: 9.30am – 11.00am
This programme focuses on the HR, employment and people issues that regularly arise in general practice. We will cover employment law in an interactive way with practical guidance to enable participants to manage more effectively their human resource and deal with staffing challenges. There will be an update on the changes in the employment and legislative frameworks that will affect practices and employers.
The web workshop also includes a look at employment models for PCN staff and liability implications for practices – this includes TUPE and or where necessary redundancy – when practices are looking at merging, partnering or taking over a practice. The workshop will provide the practical guidance on how to manage the likely changes resulting from the new models of delivering GP services.
The module will be delivered as interactive web workshop sessions with practical guidance to enable participants to map the techniques and outcomes onto their own practice.
Participants will improve their understanding of the contractual and legal requirements of staff employment and will also receive frameworks for managing staff behaviour. This will include:
- HR & Staff Management
- Employment status and employment contracts
- Legislative changes (payslips, national living wage, tax treatment of notice pay)
- Holiday pay, sick pay and overtime
- Discrimination and Equality, including sexual harassment in the workplace and family friendly rights
- How to manage contracts, probationary periods and staff induction.
- Information Governance, GDPR & Data Protection – any Brexit implications?
- Performance Management – Skills and behaviour
- Dismissal, Unfair dismissal, discipline & the ACAS code
- Constructive dismissal (including bullying at work)
- Grievances and how to handle them correctly
- Working time issues (including holiday issues)
- Managing sickness, absence and return to work
- Family-friendly rights
- Work Life Balance, Mental Health & well-being in the workplace
- The dangers of social media in and out of the workplace
This training will be recorded so that delegates can refer back to the content afterwards.
This course is provided free of charge to staff employed within primary care in Cornwall, with funding sourced alternatively to the Education Programme subscription.
This course is for staff working within the Cornwall healthcare economy. If you work outside Cornwall and are interested in this course, please email [email protected]
We are experiencing intermittent problems with course bookings. If you are having problems booking, please email [email protected] with the text below and a screen shot of any errors.
This information will be used to help us to resolve this technical issue. Please also copy your email to [email protected] so we can take your booking manually.