Please book via the form below to secure a place at this training in person at the Postgraduate Education Centre, Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust (next to the Knowledge Spa), Truro.
There are around 850,000 people living with dementia in the UK with numbers set to rise to over one million by 2025 and two million by 2051. Cornwall as a County is aiming to meet this challenge as a combined response, by offering training to health and social staff but also volunteers, fire fighters, police officers, retail workers or simply an interest in dementia.
This is essential training for health and social care staff, at any level, who come into contact with people living with dementia or their carers.
The training covers:
- Dementia identification
- Dementia risk reduction and prevention
- Person centred dementia care
- Communication, interaction, behaviour in dementia care
- Health and well-being in dementia
- Pharmacological interventions and dementia
- Living well with dementia care
- Families and carers as partners in dementia care
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Law ethics and safeguarding in dementia care
- End of life dementia care
- Research and evidence based practice in dementia care
To become Tier 2 Dementia trained, you will also need to complete the following e-Learning, hosted on the E-Learning for HealthCare platform, in addition to completing the study day.
- Pharmacological Interventions in Dementia Care
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Dementia Care
- Research and Evidence Based Practice in Dementia
We would encourage you to complete the e-learning prior to attending the study day. Once completed, please could you send evidence of completion (screenshots) to [email protected]
This course is for staff working within Cornwall. We reserve the right to cancel any ineligible bookings. If you work outside Cornwall and are interested in this course, please email [email protected]
If you’d prefer to attend via MS Teams, please book using this link – Virtual Tier 2 Dementia Training, 24th October
We are experiencing intermittent problems with course bookings. If you are having problems booking, please email [email protected] with the text below and a screen shot of any errors.
This information will be used to help us to resolve this technical issue. Please also copy your email to [email protected] so we can take your booking manually.