This study session is an update for nurses and HCAs who have previously attended the ear care study days and practice ear irrigation.
At the end of the study session the learners should:
- Have updated their theoretical knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the ear.
- Be able to recognise various conditions that can affect the ear and know how to treat them and advise on prevention
- Be able to carry out holistic assessments and plan an appropriate plan of care for patients.
- Discuss correct use of equipment, including decontamination
- Discuss correct and safe technique when carrying out:
- Otoscopy, instrumentation and irrigation
This training is being delivered virtually via MS Teams.
This course is funded if your Practice subscribes to the Primary Care Education Programme. The cost of the course for NON Education Programme Members is £50.
This course is for staff working within the Cornwall healthcare economy. If you work outside Cornwall and are interested in this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org