Delivered by Eli Lilly
This training is taking place virtually via the MS Teams platform on Tuesday 26th January 2021, 14:00 – 16:00.
The speaker will be Anita Thynne.
The training will be delivered in two parts as follows:
Session 1 – Overview of type 2 diabetes
- To review the pathophysiology of type 2 diabetes
- To understand the methods and criteria for diagnosing type 2 diabetes
- To explore the impact of clinical inertia on patient outcomes and the importance of early treatment optimisation
- To recognise the differences between compliance, adherence and concordance and to understand the features of concordant patient consultations
Session 2 – Thinking beyond HbA1c: Managing cardiovascular risk in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- To explore complications associated with type 2 diabetes
- To consider the unmet clinical need related to cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in patients with type 2 diabetes
- To understand how clinical guidance for type 2 diabetes has been updated to reflect the results of positive cardiovascular outcome trials
- To reflect on the goals of treatment and individualised care for patients with type 2 diabetes
Upon booking, your email address will be shared with the course provider, Eli Lilly.
This training is being provided free of charge.