Delivered by Eli Lilly
This training is taking place virtually via the MS Teams platform on Tuesday 2nd February 2021, 13:30 – 16:00.
The training will be delivered in two parts as follows:
Session 1 – Oral therapies for patients with type 2 diabetes (Speaker: Anita Thynne)
- Discuss the considerations when choosing a treatment to meet the needs and circumstances of individual patients
- Review the standard oral therapies used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes: metformin, sulphonylureas, thiazolidinediones, DPP-4 inhibitors and SGLT2 inhibitors
- Understand the sites of action for the different oral drug classes and be aware of the prescribing considerations including renal function and hepatic disease
- Consider different goals of treatment and evaluate how different oral therapies can help to achieve these goals
Session 2 – Practical use of oral therapies in type 2 diabetes (Speaker: Anita Thynne)
- To recall the different considerations when choosing oral treatments for patients with type 2 diabetes
- To explore the need for individualised treatment targets and goals, and the impact that this has on choosing the right treatment, for the right patient, at the right time
- To use case studies to bring theory to life
Upon booking, your email address will be shared with the course provider, Eli Lilly.
This course is provided free of charge.