Delivered by Eli Lilly
This training is taking place virtually via the MS Teams platform on Tuesday 1st December 2020, 13:30 – 16:00.
The training will be delivered in two parts as follows:
Session1 – Complications of Diabetes (Speak: Anita Thynne)
- Identifying short and long-term complications of diabetes
- Exploring micro and macro vascular complications
- Understanding monitoring guidelines for management of complications
- Reviewing evidence-based outcomes
Session 2 – Managing diabetes through COVID-19 -Sick day rules (Speak: Anita Thynne)
- To appreciate the effect that illness has on glucose metabolism
- To identify those at risk from hyperglycaemia in a timely manner
- To be aware of the treatment management and considerations for prescribing/de-prescribing to prevent risk of acute complications
- To be aware of the resources available to support people with diabetes
Upon booking, your email address will be shared with the course provider, Eli Lilly.
This training is being provided free of charge.
Bookings are no longer available for this event.