Delivered by Eli Lilly
This training is taking place virtually via the MS Teams platform on Tuesday 1st December 2020, 13:30 – 16:00.
The training will be delivered in two parts as follows:
Session1 – Complications of Diabetes (Speak: Anita Thynne)
- Identifying short and long-term complications of diabetes
- Exploring micro and macro vascular complications
- Understanding monitoring guidelines for management of complications
- Reviewing evidence-based outcomes
Session 2 – Managing diabetes through COVID-19 -Sick day rules (Speak: Anita Thynne)
- To appreciate the effect that illness has on glucose metabolism
- To identify those at risk from hyperglycaemia in a timely manner
- To be aware of the treatment management and considerations for prescribing/de-prescribing to prevent risk of acute complications
- To be aware of the resources available to support people with diabetes
This training is being provided free of charge.