Please book via the form below to secure a face-to-face place at this training which is taking place at the Postgraduate Education Centre (Lecture Theatre), Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust (next to the Knowledge Spa), Truro.
Parking: As parking is limited at the RCHT site, please use Truro’s Park and Ride Services.
Teas and coffees will be freely available but lunch will not be provided.
There are around 850,000 people living with dementia in the UK with numbers set to rise to over one million by 2025 and two million by 2051. Cornwall as County is aiming to meet this challenge as a combined response, by offering training to health and social staff but also volunteers, fire fighters, police officers, retail workers or simply an interest in dementia.
This is essential training for health and social care staff, at any level, who come into contact with people living with dementia or their carers.
The training covers:
- Dementia awareness
- Dementia identification
- Dementia risk reduction and prevention
- Person centred dementia care
- Communication, interaction, behaviour in dementia care
- Health and well-being in dementia
- Pharmacological interventions and dementia
- Living well with dementia care
- Families and carers as partners in dementia care
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Law ethics and safeguarding in dementia care
- End of life dementia care
- Research and evidence based practice in dementia care
92% of previous participants rated the dementia training content as either excellent or good.
“It was all excellent and thought provoking. I found it useful there were people from all backgrounds attending, as it gave so many different perspectives. The trainers were all very engaging and the course was very well delivered, thank you”
By completing the following e-Learning, hosted on the E-Learning for HealthCare platform, in addition to completing the study day, you will achieve Health Education England’s tier 2 standards of training and a certificate will follow.
- Pharmacological Interventions in Dementia Care
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Dementia Care
- Research and Evidence Based Practice in Dementia
We would encourage you to complete the e-learning prior to attending the study day. Once completed, please could you send evidence of completion (screenshots) to [email protected]
This course is for staff working within Cornwall or people living in Cornwall who would like to know more about Dementia. We reserve the right to cancel any ineligible bookings. If you work outside Cornwall and are interested in this course, please email [email protected]
If you are employed by CFT or RCHT, your record of Dementia and Delirium (Tier 2) training completion will be shared with your respective Education & Training team. This will be done in order to update your organisational training record. If you do not want this information to be shared, please advise [email protected] upon booking.