This 6-week, 8 hour CPD course is comprehensive programme suitable for healthcare professionals who are looking to enhance their knowledge and skills in COPD utilising the most up to date evidence-based guidance. The module is delivered through a combination of interactive e-learning hosted in Google Classroom, case studies and live webinar sessions via TEAMs.
To be able to:
- Apply the latest COPD guidance
- Understand the diagnostic criteria for a diagnosis
- Identify the goals of COPD management
- Understand the treatment options and tailor them to the patient
- Optimise the non-pharmacological management options
- Recognise patients at risk of exacerbation and hospital admission and how to address this, knowing when to refer
- Provide a good quality review with supported self-management
The whole module consisting of 3 units takes 6 weeks to complete (2 weeks per unit). Following completion of all of the elements, you will receive a certificate for 8 hours CPD.
Start date: 11th September 2024. This is the date from which you can access the e-learning hosted in Google Classroom. There are no live webinars this day.
- Unit 1 webinar: 25th September – 9:30-10:45am
- Unit 2 webinar: 9th October – 9:30-10:45am
- Unit 3 webinar: 23rd October – 9:30-10:45am
These webinars will be hosted via TEAMs. The link will be sent out in advance of the meeting by either Cornwall Training Hub or LR Respiratory. Your contact details will be shared with LR Respiratory.
This educational package will be supported by a pharmaceutical or medical supplies company (details to be confirmed). They have not initiated these meetings and will have no input into the content, programme or organisation of these educational meetings. At the start of each webinar, one company will deliver a promotional product presentation.
This course is for staff working within the Cornwall healthcare economy. We reserve the right to cancel any ineligible bookings. If you work outside Cornwall and are interested in this course, please email [email protected]
If you need to cancel a booked place on a course, please do so giving sufficient notice for the place to be reallocated. As per our terms and conditions, we reserve the right to charge for places cancelled less than 5 working days prior to the course start (unless otherwise stated), or failure to take up the place on the day of the course. This applies to both members and non-members of the Primary Care Education Programme.