This 6-week, 8 hour CPD course is comprehensive programme suitable for healthcare professionals who are looking to enhance their knowledge and skills in COPD utilising the most up to date evidence-based guidance. The module is delivered through a combination of interactive e-learning hosted in Google Classroom, case studies and live webinar sessions.
To be able to:
- Apply the latest COPD guidance
- Understand the diagnostic criteria for a diagnosis
- Identify the goals of COPD management
- Understand the treatment options and tailor them to the patient
- Optimise the non-pharmacological management options
- Recognise patients at risk of exacerbation and hospital admission and how to address this, knowing when to refer
- Provide a good quality review with supported self-management
The whole module consisting of 3 units takes 6 weeks to complete (2 weeks per unit). Following completion of all of the elements, you will receive a certificate for 8 hours CPD.
Start date: 14th February 2023. This is the date from which you can access the e-learning hosted in Google Classroom. There are no live webinars this day.
- Unit 1 webinar: 28th February-9:30-10:45am
- Unit 2 webinar: 14th March- 9:30-10:45am
- Unit 3 webinar: 28th March-9:30-10:45am
These webinars will be hosted via Google Meet. The link will be sent out in advance of the meeting by either Cornwall Training Hub or LR Respiratory. Your contact details will be shared with LR Respiratory.
This meeting will be supported by a pharma company. The pharma company has not initiated this meeting and will have no input into the content, programme or organisation of this educational meeting. At the start of the webinar, they will deliver a 10 minute promotional product presentation.
This course is for staff working within the Cornwall healthcare economy. We reserve the right to cancel any ineligible bookings. If you work outside Cornwall and are interested in this course, please email [email protected]
We are experiencing intermittent problems with course bookings. If you are having problems booking, please email [email protected] with the text below and a screen shot of any errors.
This information will be used to help us to resolve this technical issue. Please also copy your email to [email protected] so we can take your booking manually.