This 6-week, 8 hour CPD e-learning module is suitable for healthcare professionals who are looking to enhance their knowledge and skills in asthma utilising the most up to date evidence-based guidance. Delivered through a combination of interactive e-learning hosted in Google Classroom, videos, case studies and live webinar sessions hosted via Google Meet.
To be able to:
- Apply the latest asthma guidance
- Understand the diagnostic criteria to reach a robust diagnosis
- Identify the goals of asthma treatment and the challenges
- Understand the treatment options and tailor them to the patient
- Recognise patients with suboptimal asthma control at risk of exacerbation and hospital admission and how to address this, knowing when to refer
- Provide a good quality review with supported self-management
For full module details please see the course overview flyer.
The 8 hours of e-learning is spread over 6 weeks. You will receive a certificate on completion for 8 hours CPD.
Start Date: 5th October 2021: This is the from which you will be able to access the e-learning content in Google Classroom. There is no live webinar this day. You will receive an invitation to the classroom the week before your start date (keep an eye on your junk folder). Please log into the classroom on your start date, this ensures you receive notifications for all future communication that is posted in the classroom.
Live Webinars: You must attend all ALL 3 webinars.
Unit 1 webinar: 19th October 9.30-10.45
Unit 2 webinar: 2nd November 9.30-10.45
Unit 3 webinar: 16th November 9.30-10.45
These webinars will be hosted via Google Meet. The link will be sent out in advance of the meeting by either Cornwall Training Hub or LR Respiratory. Your contact details will be shared with LR Respiratory.
Each webinar will be supported by a pharmaceutical company (details to be confirmed). The pharmaceutical company will deliver a 10-minute presentation at the start of the webinar. The pharmaceutical company did not initiate these meetings and have had no input into the content or organisation of this educational meeting.