This 6 week, 8 hour CPD module is suitable for healthcare professionals who are looking to enhance their knowledge and skills in asthma utilising the most up to date evidence-based guidance. Delivered through a combination of interactive e-learning hosted in Google Classroom, videos, case studies and live webinar sessions hosted via MS Teams.
To be able to:
- Apply the latest asthma guidance
- Understand the diagnostic criteria to reach a robust diagnosis
- Identify the goals of asthma treatment and the challenges
- Understand the treatment options and tailor them to the patient
- Recognise patients with suboptimal asthma control at risk of exacerbation and hospital admission and how to address this, knowing when to refer
- Provide a good quality review with supported self-management
Please click on the ‘course agenda’ link on the right to view the full course content.
Start Date: 14th April 2021: This is the from which you will be able to access the e-learning content in Google Classroom. There is no live webinar this day. You will receive an invitation to the classroom the week before your start date (keep an eye on your junk folder). Please log into the classroom on your start date, this ensures you receive notifications for all future communication that is posted in the classroom.
Live Webinars: You must all ALL 3 webinars.
Unit 1 webinar: 28th April 12:30-1:45
Unit 2 webinar: 12th May 12:30-1:45
Unit 3 webinar: 26th May 12:30-1:45
Boehringer Ingelheim, Chiesi UK Ltd and Teva UK Limited are supporting the logistics of this educational package but did not initiate these meetings and have had no input into the content, programme or organisation of these educational meetings. At the start of each webinar, one company will have a 10 minute slot to give a short presentation.