This course will be taking place on the 23rd September 2021, 9.30-1.00, virtually delivered by Thornfields via Zoom.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Know what is meant by the term chaperone
- Recognise the need for a chaperone in a practice
- Describe what is meant by an intimate examination
- Be aware of the rights of the patient
- Describe your role as a chaperone
- Communicate the service to patients
The topics that will be covered include:
- The Guidance
- CQC Regulations
- The role of the chaperone and its importance
- Practice policies
- Record Keeping
- Raising awareness of the service
- Patients rights
- Whistle blowing
- Good practice in an examination
- Intimate examinations
- Understanding issues relating to religion, ethnicity or culture
- Special circumstances
- What is sexualised behaviour?
This course is funded if your Practice subscribes to the Primary Care Education Programme. The cost of the course for NON-Education Programme Members is £50.