The Cornwall Primary Care Training Hub have developed an exciting new cardiovascular pathway. It is aimed at health care professionals who care for patients with cardiovascular conditions in General Practice and will be of particular interest to those who have an active role in reviewing and managing patients on an annual basis.
There are six half day virtual sessions. Each session will focus on a particular condition in line with the NHS 10-year cardiovascular disease ambitions plan. These half day sessions can be accessed as stand-alone modules. However, we would encourage you to follow the sessions through for full benefit. You can find full details of the pathway in the programme flyer.
How to Book
You can book individual sessions via our course webpages. Alternatively, if you wish to attend ALL sessions, please email [email protected] with your name, role and practice details to make your booking.
Session 4: Prevention, Cause and Management of Stroke and TIA
This session is designed for healthcare professionals involved in Stroke and TIA management in primary care to feel more confident in the detection, treatment and long-term planning of care. This interactive session will be delivered via MS teams. With plenty of room for discussion.
By the end of the session, the learner will be able to:
- Explain the cause and types of strokes and areas affected.
- Understand the link between atrial fibrillation and stroke risk.
- Distinguish between stroke, TIA and differential diagnosis.
- Understand and explain the need for and potential complications of tests and investigations.
- Be able to identify how to and when to refer to specialist services.
- Understand and explain primary and secondary prevention including pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions.
- Identify and implement plans to reduce risk factors.
- Able to develop and implement ongoing and changeable care plans.
Cost of Course
This course is provided free of charge to members of the Primary Care Education Programme. For non-members, a charge of £60 (including VAT) applies.
This course is for staff working within the Cornwall healthcare economy. We reserve the right to cancel ineligible bookings. If you work outside Cornwall and are interested in this course, please email [email protected]
If you need to cancel a booked place on a course, please do so giving sufficient notice for the place to be reallocated. As per our terms and conditions, we reserve the right to charge for places cancelled less than 5 working days prior to the course start (unless otherwise stated), or failure to take up the place on the day of the course.