The Cornwall Primary Care Training Hub have developed an exciting new cardiovascular pathway. It is aimed at health care professionals who care for patients with cardiovascular conditions in General Practice and will be of particular interest to those who have an active role in reviewing and managing patients on an annual basis.
There are six half day virtual sessions. Each session will focus on a particular condition in line with the NHS 10-year cardiovascular disease ambitions plan.
These half day sessions can be accessed as stand-alone modules. However, we would encourage you to follow the sessions through for full benefit. You can find full details of the pathway in the programme flyer.
How to Book
You can book individual sessions via our course webpages. Alternatively, if you wish to attend ALL sessions, please email [email protected] with your name, role and practice details to make your booking.
Session 5: Acute Coronary Syndromes: What Are They, Where Are They and What to Do About Them
This session will delve into the causes and current treatments for Acute Coronary Syndromes, using national and international guidelines to deliver best practice for our cardiac patients in primary care.
At the end of this session the participant should be able to:
- Review the pathophysiology of Acute Coronary Syndromes (ACS).
- Identify risk factors for ACS and understand the need for early detection and treatment.
- Understand lipids and the current Lipid Pathways.
- Recognise signs and symptoms of ACS.
- Recognise the acute changes on ECG for Angina, NSTEMI and STEMI.
- Describe the different management pathways for ACS, NSTEMI and STEMI and explain the difference between PCI and CABG.
- Recognise complications that can be caused by Myocardial Infarction.
- Understand the role of secondary prevention including cardiac rehabilitation both in the short term and long-term placing the patient at the centre of care.
Cost of Course
This course is provided free of charge to members of the Primary Care Education Programme. For non-members, a charge of £60 per module (including VAT) applies.
This course is for staff working within the Cornwall healthcare economy. If you work outside Cornwall and are interested in this course, please email [email protected]
This event has sold out.
We are experiencing intermittent problems with course bookings. If you are having problems booking, please email [email protected] with the text below and a screen shot of any errors.
This information will be used to help us to resolve this technical issue. Please also copy your email to [email protected] so we can take your booking manually.