This course will be taking place on the 3rd November 2021, 9.30-1.00, virtually delivered by Thornfields via Zoom.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Know what is meant by the term chaperone
- Recognise the need for a chaperone in a practice
- Describe what is meant by an intimate examination
- Be aware of the rights of the patient
- Describe your role as a chaperone
- Communicate the service to patients
The topics that will be covered include:
- The Guidance
- CQC Regulations
- The role of the chaperone and its importance
- Practice policies
- Record Keeping
- Raising awareness of the service
- Patients rights
- Whistle blowing
- Good practice in an examination
- Intimate examinations
- Understanding issues relating to religion, ethnicity or culture
- Special circumstances
- What is sexualised behaviour?
This course is provided free of charge to staff employed within primary care in Cornwall, with funding sourced alternatively to the Education Programme subscription.
This course is for staff working within the Cornwall healthcare economy. If you work outside Cornwall and are interested in this course, please email email@example.com
This event has sold out.