New to Practice Fellowship Programme
The “New to Practice” fellowship programme is a national programme, funded by NHS England & Improvement, that is being delivered locally by Cornwall Primary Care Training Hub. It was the result of a commitment in the NHS Long Term Plan.
Purpose of the programme:
The fellowship aims to respond to three key areas of feedback from newly-qualified GPs and GPNs:
- The need for a supportive transition into General Practice from the GP training programme.
- Opportunities to work in a portfolio way.
- Learning wider skills for future ways of working.
Additionally, this programme supports nurses to identify general practice as a first destination career option. The programme provides funding for up to 1 session per week (pro rata), in order to release the GP or GPN from the employing practice, and enable them to access CPD, mentoring, and peer support in this early stage of their career.
In order to register for the scheme, the participant should be:
- A GP that has qualified in the last 12 months OR
- A Practice Nurse that has qualified in the last 12 months AND
- In, or about to commence, in a substantive role in a practice in Cornwall.
The Cornwall Programme
You can find details about our GP and Practice Nurse programmes in the information tabs below.
How to register
Registration is now closed for October 2021. Newly qualified GPs and Practice nurses that wish to register for the next cohort should complete the registration form below, ensuring they have discussed the opportunity with their employing practice. The next planned cohort will be April 2022, and subject to funding continuing for 2022-23.