keeping general practice
at the heart of patient
care in Cornwall...
Kernow Health CIC is a non-profit organisation focused on securing the future of Cornish General Practice. As a Community Interest Company, we will use our resources to improve healthcare in the communities we serve.
To act as a unified voice for GPs
To act as single provider voice and critical mass for GP Practices in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly in order to tender for services at scale. Our GPs and their Practices will provide leadership, innovation and inspiration ensuring that we have a health care system fit for the 21st Century.
To secure the future of General Practice
To secure our core business focussing on the key things that we do well, ensuring we innovate to retain and build on high quality, value for money, locally delivered services.
To build for the future
To develop new pathways and models of care, creating new partnerships to deliver a range of community based services fit for the future.
To be an organisation of which we are proud
To work together in collaboration to deliver coordinated care across organisational boundaries putting our patients at the heart of what we do.
This will allow us to...
Improve the quality of patient care
Relieve the pressure on general practice
Re-invest savings to develop better services
Kernow CIC’s vision, mission and purpose are aligned with the NHS England Five Year View and local CCG ambition for:
- High quality out-of-hospital care
- Improved health outcomes, equity of access, reduced inequalities and better patient experience
- A Health Service with General Practice at the heart of out of hospital care
- Vibrant and successful General Practice
- Services that are joined up, coordinated and easy for people to use
- More services available closer to people’s own homes
- Encouraging people to focus on prevention, well-being, self-care and greater patient / family involvement in the planning and delivery of their care
- More local patient and public involvement in developing services
Clinical Staff Login